Tuesday, June 16, 2009

First Host Family

I had to say goodbye to my great host family in my northern Kyrgyzstani village. I'm excited to call the South my home now, but I wanted to share some pics from the family that I will miss.

Photobucket
My adorable host neices, Nastia and Veka, playing with our newest baby kitten. Spring in the village means lots of babies (chickens, lambs, bunnies, and puppies too).

Photobucket
Mama Luba and I in her garden. PC made us pose for this one, she's not fond of being photographed so I have to thank them for making her.

Photobucket
Nastia and Veka again, this time at our Going Away party.

Photobucket
Mama Maria gracefully hosted us for all of our language lessons, while Albina (the younger woman) taught us from the very beginning. We were certainly difficult to communicate with at the time, but they did their best! This photo is from Sasha's birthday party.

No comments: